How to Apply for Australian Protection Visas
This visa is for people who are in Australia and want to apply for protection. This visa allows you to stay in Australia permanently once it has been granted.
Our office is able to provide you with the advice about the criteria for this application and in particular:
- Whether you meet the criteria of a refugee;
- Whether you meet the criteria to engage in Australia’s protection obligations;
- What type of evidence you need to submit to support your application.
- What to expect in protection visa interviews;
- Your rights as protection visa applicant and/or protection visa holder.
If you need assistance with interpretation or translation from your language to English, we can assist in organising an interpreter on your behalf.
If you want to find out if you’re eligible for this visa please complete our free questionnaire and our office will contact you shortly to receive tailored and professional advice about your eligibility – Permanent Visa Questionnaire.
For information relating to the criteria of this visa, please go to the Department of Home Affair’s website page for the Protection Visa